Monday, September 27, 2010

4 Steps To A More Successful You...

Destiny Partner...


"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."
Unknown

Good morning destiny partner. I hope you enjoyed the long weekend and had fun on the heritage day. Our group is growing so rapidly, and I am so humbled by your feedback. I hope today's article will also change your life for good.

Many times if you trace the origins of every successful people or businesses, you will find the clear picture of the preferred future--VISION.

They had to have a picture of where they wanted to go.

And therefore, one fact remains; success is not accidental. Many successful people, however, often lead us to believe that they bumped into success. And it’s only when you trace their thought patterns when they were starting out that you realize the followed what I call a 4–Steps DPAB process of success.

I want to share this simple 4-Step process with you today, Destiny Partner. I call this system, DPAB System.

# 01. Decision

You need to make a conscious decision that you want to prosper in a specific area. We often overlook this step in our quest to succeed. You see, many people choose to maintain the status quo and not challenge it. But you have to understand that success is a decision not a given.

I often advice people to do a simple 5-minute exercise for me; look at your current lifestyle and that of your family, and ask yourself this question “Is this all I could become?” If you answer is Yes, don’t read this article any further.

But if you answer is a confident No, your life is 5 minute away from changing for good. I want you to take 5 minutes from your very busy schedule, get yourself to a place where you can be alone. And close your eyes and visualize your ideal life. In your ideal life, I want you to fully answer the following questions as if it was here right now;

A. How much money do I have in the bank?

B. How big is my house?

C. In which suburb is it?

D. Where do my children go to school?

E. What do I do every day?

F. Where are my holiday destinations?

G. How often do I go on holiday?

H. And which charities am I working with to bring change in my society?

Once you have answered all those questions and you open your eyes, either one of two things will happen; you will realize that you need to do something about your current situation to improve it or you will be happy with how things are, and decide not to challenge the status quo.

And if the former option is true, then you have just decided to be successful. What you have now is a vision, the picture of the preferred future. You have the glimpse of how you want your end to be like.

#02. Planning

It is in the planning where you decide the “how” part of the equation. I wrote an article on the subject, “You are born to be exceptional in something.” And in this step, you will create a match between your innate abilities, skills and the territory you want to embark upon. And once you have discovered your life assignment and the niche market that is ready to buy what you have to offer, you count the cost of getting there.

The territory you plan to embark upon might require 3-year university degree. If that’s what you need to reach your preferred future, you will have to do it. And believe me, I know it. When I got to this step in my life, I realized that I had to go back to university when I was 23. Some of you might need to go back and finish grade 12. And that might require guts and tenacity.

You see, there are times when your talents and abilities are not enough. You need to supplement them with a formal education. I am going to sound arrogant again (I seem to make a habit of it), but I know that I am naturally a brilliant communicator; I have been motivating people ever since nineteen forever. And over 6 of lecturing has improved my people skills drastically. Therefore, you would think that venturing into the speaking industry would be easy, right?

Wrong. Without a formal skill, that transition is not enough. And I know some people might argue with me on this, but have you ever wondered why you don’t get certain gigs? I rest my case.

It’s important to plan how you are going to get to your destination. The bible says, you must write down your vision so that he who reads it can run with it. Do you have a blue print of where you are going? Have you established what’s short?

# 03. Action

Take action. Now is time to act on your plan. This might be the time to get back to university. Go and finish that matric so that you can have an exemption to study what you need to study. This might be time to attend seminars hosted by speakers you respect and learn. This might be the time to position a brand called you on the Internet. Register that domain. Register that business. Read trade journals and magazines in the industry that you want to invade. Learn about the industry. Sell that product on the internet and see what people think about it. Whatever it is, do it.

Act…and lastly…

#04. Become

As you act out your plan…then you a gradually become what you planned initially to become. And at this stage, you must remember that success is perpetual, that means when you get to a certain level of success…this process must start all over for the next dimension of your life…

Yours In Motivation…

Thapelo Jonas [Your Very Own…Life Coach]
© Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved



No comments: