Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10000-Hours Success Rule

Destiny Partner

"Success is not an event its a process" Zig Ziglar


About a week ago, my cousin lent me a book titled, Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell to read. And let me just say, it blew my mind. One of those quotes you often hear me say is, "what you read is how you feed." So needless to say, i loved feeding from that book.

I guess the question you are asking yourself is, Thapelo, What is so special about this book?

You see, many people know that Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard to start one of the biggest computer companies in the world--Microsoft. Some of us even glamourise not getting education because some mavericks in the world like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg dropped out.

But that is not the whole story...I will spend the whole week telling you the REAL STORY behind STORIES of some great mavericks in business. Let me start today with Bill Gates.....

You see, no one tells us that, Bill Gates's father was a wealthy attorney in Seattle. And his mother came from a wealthy family of a banker. In 1968, they decided to take Bill to Lakeside, which was one the best private schools in America. It was there, in high school where he met Paul Allen, his partner in crime. We are never told that, at the time, Lakeside had the resources in money to buy the first computer at the time...

Bill Gates was exposed to opportunities that enabled him to practise programming 7 years before he dropped out of Harvard. So, When he dropped out of Harvard, He had well over 10 000 Hours of practice in programming, 7 years before he dropped out of Harvard.

I bet you did not know that....right?

And it has been proved that you need over 10000 hours of practise to be a champion in something...be it sport, business or anything...

I am busy calculating my hours...right now...you see, I spent the past 6 years of my life as an IT Lecturer, two of those years were in High School environment. That explains why today, I am called Lionel MESSI-OF-Words...I practised. Am I bragging? maybe.

Your Job must be the facilitator of your dream.

Do you want to be an expert in something? Count your hours..how many hours do you have?

Yours In Motivation

Thapelo Jonas [Your Very Own...Life Coach]
© Copyright 2010. All Rights Reserved

No comments: